Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Halloween Costumes

  1. #1
    chrstnwmn7
    Guest chrstnwmn7's Avatar

    Question

    Does anyone remember when the last halloween costumes were retired? Did they put them on sale first or just let them sell out? Am contemplating buying the Grecian set along with the horse and coconut set, but if they will be on sale later, I will wait [img]wink.gif[/img] !!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    The mermaid costumes were put on a monthly special basis first and then I think they even put some in the MCM sale because I bought my last two very cheaply on ebay. I don't remember if the cowgirl outfit went the same route. I think the black cat costume (same vintage) must have gone to MCM or the Outlet store because I remember seeing that on ebay quite often, too. Wish I'd known a few years ago how valuable those mermaid costumes could get! I bought a lot of them for a photo shoot and then used them as "ebay bait" when I wanted to sell some of my AG dolls because I needed real American Girl items to offset not having pictures to post.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sharlit's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The two most recent costumes to go were the princess and hippie costumes, and those did both go on sale before they retired.

  4. #4
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    Yup, we bought the princess dress last year in December for 12 dollars. I remember the Hippie outfit being the same price for a LONG time on the website.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by chrstnwmn7:
    Am contemplating buying the Grecian set along with the horse and coconut set, but if they will be on sale later, I will wait [img]wink.gif[/img] !!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They might go on sale first, but since they were *just* released, it probably won't be for a year minimum; probably more like 2 years. So I don't know if you want to wait 1-2 years just to get them on sale!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remember buying the black cat costume at the Oshkosh Outlet. I wish I would have bought more of them. That is a really cute outfit, and I gave it to my niece as a gift. I also wish I would have bought the sock hopper costume. I love that one!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •